Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Turtle


Yesterday, Aaron and I had to say good-bye to a friend. Our pet Turtle passed away. We had her for almost 8 years and she was the most spoiled turtle in the state of Wisconsin. Funny thing about our pet turtle was that her name was actually Turtle. Aaron found her as a baby floating in the middle of a lake by Madison and he put her in a gatorade bottle and took her home. For all you pet lovers, you understand how weird it is to walk by where your pet used to be and to not see them there anymore. Whenever I go through a loss of a pet, it reminds me how short of a time we have with them and how much we appreciated their unconditional love all these years.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am sorry to hear about your pet Turtle. That is so sad. I still get tears when I think about my buddy Scout (German Shepherd) that I lost seven years. That was the worse day of my life. If you want another turtle we have many turtles in our pond and some baby ones too. Hopefully if they are bigger their shell wont be painted read (i.e. painted turtle). This is per comment I posted about when Aaron painted his golfballs. Take Care. I am sure your buddy is in heaven right now and Scout is introducing him around. Take care.