Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11


As I sit here and type I still can't believe it's been 6 years since our nation was attacked on September 11th, 2001. As many of you, I'll never forget where I was that morning. I was in one of my media classes at UWM. Our professor told us as at the end of class, but I still wasn't sure if she had all of her facts straight. The moment I knew something was wrong was after class. A campus that was always buzzing with students walking, cars and buses flying down the road was completely still. There wasn't a person in sight, it was quiet, and it was uncomfortable. Once I got home, my roommates filled me in and then I saw it, the horrible images on TV that will never leave my mind. But among that image was hope and the feeling that we will do our best to make sure no one comes in here and does that again.

On this day, 6 years later, I'm reminded of how great a country this is and how important it is to support those men and women in uniform and to support each other. Because without each other, we are nothing. But together, we are something.

No comments: